“Student Innovation at the U” is an annual publication celebrating student innovation and impact at the University of Utah. A digital version is available at lassonde.utah.edu/studentinnovation2016. Have questions? Want to nominate a student to be featured? Or do you want to become a contributor? Email email@example.com or call 801-587-3836.
“Student Innovation at the U” is produced with support from the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, an interdisciplinary division of the David Eccles School of Business and the hub for student entrepreneurs and innovators at the U. The Lassonde Institute presents this publication to foster a culture of innovation. More at lassonde.utah.edu.
This publication is managed by the staff at the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, including:
- Troy D’Ambrosio, executive director, Lassonde Institute; assistant dean, David Eccles School of Business
- Kathy Hajeb, director, Lassonde Institute; assistant professor (lecturer), David Eccles School of Business
- Thad Kelling, marketing manager, Lassonde Institute
This publication is proudly powered by many amazing student contributors from the U. They are just as innovative as the students featured.
- Jai Hamid Bashir, assistant editor, writer (M.A. Environmental Humanities, 2017) – Jai is the student assistant editor of the “Student Innovation @ the U” report. Her ambition is to become a published novelist, accomplished poet and science reporter.
- Sara Best, writer (Strategic Communication & Entrepreneurship, 2016) – Sara is a copywriter and copyeditor for the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute. She is a junior and working toward starting her own clothing and accessory company through resources available at the U.
- Cooper Ferrario, photographer (Marketing, TBD) – Cooper is a sophomore studying marketing at the David Eccles School of Business. He enjoys creativity and innovation, especially design, videography and advertising. He hopes to work in forward-thinking, innovative roles that allow him to do stuff people care about.
- Parker Gibbons, photographer (Entertainment Arts and Engineering, TBD) – Parker is a freshman studying Entertainment Arts and Engineering with a film emphasis and a minor in business entrepreneurship and has been telling stories visually his whole life. parkergibbons.com
- Alexandria Haslam, copyeditor (Finance & Entrepreneurship, 2017) – Alexandria is a freelance writer and editor for the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute. She is currently working toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Allie Shaw, writer (Strategic Communications, 2018) – Allie works as a writer and ambassador for the Lassonde Institute, along with a multitude of other jobs on campus. She spends most of (all of) her spare time obsessing over dogs and eating pizza.
- Bailey Shelden, writer (Writing and Rhetoric, 2017) – Bailey is a writing student at the U and will graduate with a bachelor’s of arts and a minor in creative writing. Bailey hopes to enter the video-game industry as a writer.
- Abraham Tinklepaugh, writer (Communication, 2017) – Abraham is an editor and freelance features writer for the Lassonde Institute.
- Brent Uberty, photographer (Parks, Recreation and Tourism 2016) – Brent is the creative director and founder of B.W. Productions, a Salt Lake City-based production company. As an entrepreneur himself, Brent’s passion is working with startups and nonprofits. bwproductionsllc.com
Find this article and a lot more in the 2016 “Student Innovation @ the U” report. The publication is presented by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute to celebrate student innovators, change-makers and entrepreneurs.