The Get Seeded event for March 2017 was a great month of support for student entrepreneurs. Around 150 supporters showed up to vote for the teams they thought should receive the milestone funding they were on stage giving their pitch for. Seven student startups took the stage, but only five went home with their funding. The bottom two companies were eliminated from the competition based on audience vote, earning nothing more than wisdom and feedback.
The cumulative funding amount for February was $10,509.72 for these top five teams:
- Xlynk (company) – Medical adhesion barrier (concept) – $3219.72 (funding) – Materials to improve their prototype (purpose of funding)
- LIT Outdoors – Hammock tent – $1900 – Prototyping materials
- Index – Contact info sharing app – $600 – Android development
- Improved Neonatal Bronchoscope – Neonatal Bronchoscope – $2400 – Legal fees for IP
- ISO Goggles – Fog Resistant Swimming Goggles – $2390 – Prototyping
Xlynk returned to the stage for what may be their last milestone request as they have made enough progress to move to the next stage in their journey. They, along with five other Get Seeded alumni, will be pitching in the finals for the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge.
Learn more about Get Seeded at lassonde.utah.edu/getseeded.
Coming Soon: Grand Finale Get Seeded Event
If you are a student entrepreneur looking to get funding to meet your next milestone, we invite you to submit an application by April 3 at getseeded2016.startupcompete.co/.
The Grand Finale Get Seeded event will be held at the entrepreneurship mecca, Lassonde Studios, on Monday April 24 at 5 p.m. Come and enjoy showcased from several startups that have come through the Get Seeded program, lots of free food and a great pitch competition. Get into that “Shark Tank” mentality and cast your vote to influence who will be awarded their startup milestone funding request.