Tools, space & resources for all students
There will come a time during product and business creation where an idea will have to be built and prototyped. The Make Program’s goal is to help students learn how to use the equipment and tools in the Lassonde Studios in an encouraging and safe manner. Properly trained students will have access to tools ranging from ordinary hand tools to CNC lasers. The Make community ensures the safety of students, encourages collaborative culture and provides learning opportunities. Come to the Make Space to design, create and build your projects!
Hours of Operation (Fall 2017)
Starting from Aug. 28th
- Monday through Saturday, noon – 9 p.m. (closed on holidays, and the Make area will start to shut down 30 minutes before closing)
- Monday through Friday, noon – 9 p.m. (closed on holidays, and the Make area will start to shut down 30 minutes before closing)
- Saturday, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Shop closed during the training hours listed below.
- Sign up for safety training in advance. Drop-ins are welcome but to the max of 10 and 4 for wood and metal respectively. Spots fill up fast.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday 1 p.m. wood training, 10 students maximum per session.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. metal training, 4 students maximum per session.
NOTE: To enter the shop for training, your attire must comply with shop rules and you must bring your personal health insurance information with you. You must wear close-toed shoes, long pants, short sleeve shirts, and you must tie up free hanging hair. You will NOT be safety trained otherwise.
Closed for Fall Break (10/7 – 10/15)