Safety training is required to use the Shop and prototyping tools. Complete training by following these steps in this order:
- Review Shop Rules, detailed equipment instructions and videos
- Print and complete the safety waiver
- Drop in for a sessoin at Lassonde Studios and complete in-person training
NOTE: To enter the shop for training, your attire must comply with shop rules and you must bring your insurance information with you. You must wear close-toed shoes, long pants, short sleeve shirts, and you must tie up free hanging hair. You will NOT be safety trained otherwise.
(1) Review Materials
You must review Shop Rules, detailed equipment instructions, and videos.
Review Shop Rules & Equipment Instructions
(2) Print and complete safety waiver
You must print and complete a safety waiver. Bring the completed form to your in-person safety training. Download the student safety waiver here.
(3) Drop in for a session at Lassonde Studios and complete in-person training
- Drop in only on a first come first serve basis. Spots fill up fast.
- Wood training: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 12:15 p.m. Saturday at 1 p.m. 10 students maximum per session.
- Metal training: Saturday at 12 p.m. 4 students maximum per session.
Remember to bring these items to safety training:
- Personal insurance information
- Closed toed shoes
- Long pants
- Short sleeve shirt