Live at Lassonde Studios for 2018-19 & summer 2018. Priority deadline is Jan. 15, 2018. Learn More
- When in doubt ask! Never use a tool that you are unfamiliar with!
- All authorized personnel inside shop must wear safety glasses (ANSI approved) and closed-toed shoes, long pants and short sleeve shirts at all times.
- All shop users must tie up free hanging hair.
- All shop users must not wear any free or loose ties, scarves or jewelry.
- All shop users may not use headphones while in the shop.
- Workers must not remove or make ineffective any safeguards, unless authorized.
- Machines and equipment shall be operated by authorized personnel only.
- No machine shall be left unattended while it is in motion.
- Cleaning, oiling or adjusting any machine shall be done within normal operating parameter of equipment.
- Materials to be machined shall be securely fastened or clamped to the working surfaces before starting the machine.
- Keys or other adjusting tools must never be left so that they may creep, be thrown or fall when machine is started.
- Use a brush, special tool or hook to remove chips, shavings or other material from work. Flowing shavings shall not be handled with bare hands; metal hooks shall be used.
- Operators shall stand so that they can easily reach the machine controls.
- Clean-up chips, spills, etc., on and around machinery after each use.
- No food or drink in the shop.
- Only authorized personnel are allowed in the shop.
- No horseplay, screaming or yelling in shop.