Business-Plan Summary Competition
Opportunity Quest (OQ) is a business-plan summary competition focusing on the executive summary stage of business development. The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute hosts branch OQ competitions across the state at partner universities. All participants are judged by industry experts on the quality of their submission. Winning teams receive cash and in-kind prizes and advance to the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, where students develop a full business plan. Students participate by registering for the branch competition at their universities.
- Friday, September 16, 2016: Submissions open
- Thursday, December 1, 2016: Application submission date. Due online at 11:59 PM
- Saturday, December 3 – Friday, 9, 2016: Online judging
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016: Announce top 10
- Friday, January 13, 2017: Video submissions due from top 10. Online 11:59 PM
- Tuesday and Wednesday, January 17 and 18, 2017: Mentor session at Lassonde Studios
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017: PowerPoint presentations from Top 10 due
- Friday, January 20, 2017: Top 10 judging event. Judging in Lassonde Studios Conference room. Awards in center area. 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM presentations. Lunch after in Cafe
For more information, contact student director Jaron Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org).