Compete for $40,000 Grand Prize
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (UEC) is a statewide, student business-plan competition. Teams from universities across the state compete for the best business plan and a chance to win more than $100,000 in cash and in-kind prizes. We invite all to attend the UEC Final Awards Showcase on Saturday, April 9th, 2016 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm at the University of Utah’s Spencer Fox Eccles Business building – 7th Floow in the Pat Childs Hall.
Participating teams receive mentorship from community experts, and are judged by industry professionals. The grand prize is $40,000 in cash, and additional prizes are granted for best business plan, presentation and technology. Many past winners have developed into successful enterprises. Registration begins in the January 18th, 2016 and the competition is open to all university students across the state.
- Submissions will be accepted from January 18th, 2016 – February 19th, 2016, at 11:59PM.
- Submission criterial includes an executive summary describing your business that should be no longer than 4 pgs. – including cover page.
- Top 20 Finalists will be announced Wednesday, February 24th, 2016.
- Top 20 Finalists will be required to submit a 2 minute video by Friday, March 11th, 2016 at 11:59PM.
- Final Presentations, mentorship and awards will be distributed during one all-day event on Saturday, April 9th, 2016.