Compete for a $40,000 Grand Prize and Other Prizes
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (UEC) is a statewide, student business model competition. Teams from universities across the state compete for the best business model and a chance to win cash and awards. The grand prize is $40,000. We invite the public and special guests to enjoy the final showcase and awards ceremony in the spring. Participating teams are judged by industry professionals and community experts. In addition to the grand prize, there are also additional prizes granted for best business model, presentation and technology. Many past winners have developed into successful enterprises. The competition is open to all university students in Utah. Register by downloading the registration packet for instructions and then submitting the packet using the links below. We also have a high school version of this competition with $30,000 in prizes for those ages 14-18. Learn about the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge here.
2017-2018 Competition Timeline
- Applications opens — Friday, Nov. 24, 2017
- Application deadline — Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Online judging — Friday, Feb. 16 – Monday, Feb. 26, 2018
- Top 20 announced — Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018, noon
- Top 20 video submission deadline — Monday, March 26, 2018, noon
- Live voting for Top 20 videos begins — Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- Top 20 PowerPoint submission deadline — Friday, April 6, 2018, noon
- Video voting ends — Saturday, April 7, 2018, noon
- Final Judging & Showcase — Saturday, April 7, 2018 (7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Pitches and Judging at Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building; 4-6 p.m. Public Showcase and Awards Ceremony at Lassonde Studios)