Win $100K in Cash and Prizes, including a $40K Grand Prize
All university students in Utah are welcome to compete
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (UEC) is a statewide, student business-model competition managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah. Teams from universities across the state compete for the best business model and a chance to win more than $100,000 in cash and in-kind prizes. The grand prize is $40,000 in cash. Additional prizes are granted for best business plan, presentation, technology and more. Participating teams receive mentorship from community experts and are judged by industry professionals. Many past winners have developed into successful enterprises. The competition is open to all university students in Utah. Register by downloading the registration packet for instructions and then submitting the packet using the links below. We also have a high school version of this competition with $30,000 in prizes for those ages 14-18. Learn about the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge here.
2017-2018 Competition Timeline
- Friday, Nov. 24, 2017: Submissions open
- Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018: Application submission deadline
- Saturday to Sunday, Feb. 23 to March 5, 2018: Online judging
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018: Top 20 announced
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018: Top 20 videos due
- Thursday, March 29, 2018: Public online video voting begins at 8 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018: Delloite forum
- Friday, April 13, 2018: Top 20 Power Points due at 11:59 p.m.
- Friday, April 13, 2018: Public online video voting concludes at 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 13, 2018: Dinner for top 20 teams hosted by Zions Bank
- Saturday, April 14, 2018: Private judging and mentoring at the Spencer Fox Eccles Business building from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Public showcase and awards ceremony at the Lassonde Studios from 4-6 p.m.
2017 Top 20 Teams
Below is a list of the top-20 teams for the 2017 Utah Entrepreneur Challenge. Read more about the 2017 top teams in this press release.
- Breathe Easy Mat (BYU)
- Cedar Sports (SUU)
- Course Credit (USU)
- Coverall Homecare (Westminster)
- Dentium Club (BYU, DentiumClub.com)
- EM. J Medical (UofU)
- Gingerbracket Company (Weber)
- Hashtaggy (UofU)
- LIT Outdoors (UofU)
- Lunchmoney (Snow College)