The Lassonde Ambassador and Mentor Program helps new and incoming students explore and get access to transformative experiences at the University of Utah. The program is anchored by university students who serve as Lassonde Ambassadors. The ambassadors serve as peer mentors for students who want to pursue educations and careers related to innovation, entrepreneurship and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). The program has a special emphasis to engage students who have not traditionally seen themselves as innovators and entrepreneurs.
Providing access to transformative experiences
The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute is dedicated to helping university students find transformative experiences through entrepreneurship and innovation. By running a program, joining a competition, inventing a product, starting a company and launching new ideas, the Lassonde Institute believes students get more from their time on campus. Lassonde Ambassadors supports this mission by helping students access the opportunities and connect with the various programs.
Who are the Lassonde Ambassadors?
Lassonde Ambassadors have diverse backgrounds and a wide range of experience. They represent the Lassonde Institute and its many programs. The ambassadors help connect other students to the many programs, activities and resources at the University of Utah. Lassonde Ambassadors welcome students to the University of Utah’s innovation and entrepreneurship community.
What do the Lassonde Ambassadors do?
To inspire other students, Lassonde Ambassadors serve many functions:
- They travel to high schools to host innovation workshops that inspire students to embrace college as a place to be innovative
- They meet one-on-one with students who want to learn more about the programs and resources available to them at the University of Utah
- They host events to helps spread the word about the Lassonde Institute and related activities
Request a Lassonde Ambassador
Do you want to meet with a Lassonde Ambassador to learn more? We have an online form (here) to request a mentor experience. If you have a campus activity or program the ambassadors should share with students they meet and visit with, contact Anne Bastien, program manager, at email@example.com or 801-585-3198.
What do high school students get?
- Invitations for one-on-one visits to the University of Utah
- Learn about innovation, entrepreneurship and STEM opportunities on campus
- Peer to peer discussion about college life and picking a major and choosing a career
- Opportunity to attend a campus event or class
- A college student connection
Be a Lassonde Ambassador
University of Utah students can apply to become Lassonde Ambassadors. Applications are accepted periodically. There are many reasons to become a Lassonde Ambassador:
- Inspire future leaders, innovators and entrepreneurs
- Make an impact in your community
- Join a strong, passionate and diverse team
- Get involved with the Lassonde community
- Leadership experience
- Receive a scholarship
Learn more about applying to be a Lassonde Ambassador and other opportunities at lassonde.utah.edu/leadership.