Win $100K in Cash and Prizes, including a $40K Grand Prize
All university students in Utah are welcome to compete
Register by: Feb. 21, 2017
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (UEC) is a statewide, student business-model competition managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah. Teams from universities across the state compete for the best business model and a chance to win more than $100,000 in cash and in-kind prizes. The grand prize is $40,000 in cash. Additional prizes are granted for best business plan, presentation, technology and more. Participating teams receive mentorship from community experts and are judged by industry professionals. Many past winners have developed into successful enterprises. The competition is open to all university students in Utah. Register by downloading the registration packet for instructions and then submitting the packet using the links below. We also have a high school version of this competition with $30,000 in prizes for those ages 14-18. Learn about the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge here.
2017 Competition Timeline
- Monday, Nov. 28, 2016: Submissions open
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017: Application submission deadline. Online 11:59 p.m.
- Thursday to Wednesday, Feb. 23 – March 1, 2017: Online judging.
- Friday, March 3, 2017: Top 20 announced.
- TBD: Delloite Financial Forum. Estimating week of March 6, 2017
- Friday, March 24, 2017: Top 20 videos due
- Thursday, April 13, 2017: PowerPoint presentations submitted 11:59 p.m.
- Friday, April 14, 2017: Top 20 dinner. 6 p.m. at Zions
- Saturday, April 15, 2017: Private Judging & Mentoring at the Spencer Fox Eccles Business building from 7:30 AM – 4 PM. Public Showcase & Awards at the Lassonde Studios from 4–6 p.m.
2016 Top-20 Teams
- Aura Optics (UofU and USU)
- Conversature (UofU)
- Dollow (BYU)
- Fake A Shade (SUU)
- HOA Cloud (BYU)
- Hype (Snow)
- Latitude (BYU)
- Maskot Promotional Apparel (Dixie)
- Milky Hollow Farms (Westm.)
- passportXpress (UVU)
- Poulet Bleu (UVU)
- Quilture (USU)
- Red Barn Collections (Westm.)
- RetiOS LLC (UofU)
- Runnels Endotracheal (UofU)
- SenseTech (UofU)
- Sybo Technology (UofU)
- Tive (Westm.)
- Waverley Design Co. (Weber)
- Whistic (BYU)