Compete for $50,000 in Cash & Prizes
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (UEC) is a statewide, student business model competition. Teams from universities across the state compete for the best business model and a chance to win cash and prizes. We invite the public and special guests to enjoy the final showcase and awards ceremony in the spring. Participating teams are judged by industry professionals and community experts. In addition to the grand prize, there are also additional prizes granted for best business model, presentation and technology. Many past winners have developed into successful enterprises. The competition is open to all university students in Utah. The program is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and sponsored by Zions Bank. Younger students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to complete in the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge here for a chance to win $25,000 in prizes.
2021-2022 Competition Timeline
- Application Opens: Monday, Nov. 29, 2021, at noon
- Application Deadline: Monday, Feb. 7, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging: Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022, to Sunday, Feb. 6, 2022
- Top 20 Announced: Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022, at 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Orientation: TBD
- Top 20 Video Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Top 20 Video Voting Begins: Monday, March 14, 2022, at noon
- Top 20 Presentations Due: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Video Voting Ends: Friday, March 25, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: Saturday, March 26, 2022