Statewide Executive Summary Competition
Opportunity Quest (OQ) is a business executive summary competition. The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute hosts branch OQ competitions across the state at the University of Utah and partner universities. All participants are judged by industry experts on the quality of their submission. First-place teams receive cash and in-kind prizes and advance to the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, where students develop a full business model. Students participate by registering for the branch competition at their universities. Students participate by registering for the branch competition at their universities.
2017-18 Timeline (U of U)
- Application opens — Friday, Sept. 15, 2017
- Application deadline — Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017, noon
- Online judging — Saturday, Dec. 2-Sunday, Dec. 10, 2017
- Top 10 announced — Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017, noon
- Video submissions due from top 10 — Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018, noon
- Top 10 Mentor session — Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018, 6-8 p.m.
- PowerPoint presentations from Top 10 due — Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018, noon
- Top 10 judging event (lunch provided) — Friday, Jan. 19, 2018, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Compete in Opportunity Quest at other Schools
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Utah Valley University
- Dixie State University
- LDS Business College
- Brigham Young University
- Snow College
- Salt Lake Community College
- Southern Utah University
- University of Utah