Executive Summary Competition
Opportunity Quest (OQ) is an executive summary competition. The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute hosts branch OQ competitions across the state at partner universities. All participants are judged by industry experts on the quality of their submission. Winning teams receive cash and in-kind prizes and advance to the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, where students develop a full business plan. Students participate by registering for the branch competition at their universities.
University of Utah OQ Timeline (2016-17)
- Friday, Sept. 16, 2016: Submissions open
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 2016: Application submission date. Due online at 11:59 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 3 – Friday, 9, 2016: Online judging
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2016: Announce top 10
- Friday, Jan. 13, 2017: Video submissions due from top 10. Online 11:59 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 17 and 18, 2017: Mentor session at Lassonde Studios
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017: PowerPoint presentations from Top 10 due
- Friday, Jan. 20, 2017: Top-10 judging event. Judging in Lassonde Studios Conference room. Awards in center area. 8–11 a.m. presentations. Lunch after in Miller Cafe
Compete in Opportunity Quest at other Schools
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Utah Valley University
- Dixie State University
- LDS Business College
- Brigham Young University
For more information, contact student director Jaron Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org).