Statewide Business Model Competition
Opportunity Quest (OQ) is a statewide business model summary competition. The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute hosts branch OQ competitions across the state at the University of Utah and partner universities. All participants are judged by industry experts on the quality of their submission. First-place teams receive cash and in-kind prizes and advance to the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge. Students participate by registering for the branch competition at their universities. The competition is sponsored by Zions Bank. Register for the University of Utah OQ competition by using the links below to review the competition guide and then registering.
2021-22 Timeline (U of U)
- Application Opens: Friday, Sept. 3, 2021, at noon
- Application Deadline: Monday, Nov. 1, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging: Wednesday, Nov. 3, to Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021
- Announce Top 10: Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021, by 11:59 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: Friday, Dec. 3, 2021
Compete in Opportunity Quest at Other Schools
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Utah Valley University
- Dixie State University
- Brigham Young University
- Snow College
- Salt Lake Community College
- Southern Utah University
- University of Utah