Enter Your Business Model to Win $25,000 in Prizes at the Utah Economic Summit
The 2020 Utah Economic Summit is focused on bolstering Utah’s robust economy. This year, in partnership with the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, there will be a speed pitch competition featuring top startup companies from Utah. If your company is interested in competing, please complete this application below. The competition is open to all Utah-based startups that meet certain criteria (see eligibility section below). The competition focuses on the development of a compelling business model. After a qualification round at the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, finalists will speed pitch to a panel of experts and summit audience members. The three finalists will be competing for over $25,000, and the winner takes home the people’s choice cash prize with bragging rights for being selected as the top new venture idea at Gov. Herbert’s 2020 Utah Economic Summit. The final speed pitch will be held during a lunch event on Thursday, June 18 at the Utah Economic Summit in the Grand America Hotel.
2020 Competition Details
The competition is split into three stages:
- All teams must complete this application by submitting their business model (see business model submission guide below).
- The top 10 teams from stage 1 advance to an in-person pitch to a panel of judges at the University of Utah.
- The top 3 teams from stage 2 advance to the final pitch event at the 2020 Utah Economic Summit on Thursday, June 18.
- Application Opens: Thursday, Jan. 30
- Application Deadline: Friday, May 1
- Online Judging Starts: Saturday, May 2
- Top 10 Announced: Friday, May 22
- Top 10 Pitch Selection Event: Friday, May 29
- Final Pitch Event: Thursday, June 18
- 1st Place — $10,000
- 2nd Place — $7,500
- 3rd Place — $5,000
- People’s Choice — $5,000
Participating startup companies must be registered with the state of Utah. The company’s cumulative revenue, debt, grant, or third-party financing for the company has not exceeded $1 million prior to Friday, May 1, 2020. Rules and exceptions are up to the discretion of the event organizing committee. For questions please contact email@example.com.
Winning teams will receive their prize money in the form of a check after the final pitch event on Thursday, June 18. Checks will be made out to the winning companies and be issued by Utah Media Group. For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Startup Pitch Application