Enter Your Business Model to Win $10,000 in Prizes at the Utah Economic & Energy Summit
The 2020 Utah Economic & Energy Summit is focused on bolstering Utah’s robust economy. This year, in partnership with the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, there will be a speed pitch competition featuring top startup companies from Utah. If your company is interested in competing, please complete this application below. The competition is open to all Utah-based startups that meet certain criteria (see eligibility section below). The competition focuses on the development of a compelling business model. After a qualification round at the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, finalists will speed pitch to a panel of experts and summit audience members. The three finalists will be competing for $10,000, and the winner takes home bragging rights for being selected as the top new venture idea at Gov. Herbert’s 2020 Utah Economic & Energy Summit on Oct. 26, 2020.
2020 Competition Details
The competition is split into three stages:
- All teams must complete this application by submitting their business model (see business model submission guide below).
- Online judging begins.
- The top 3 teams from stage 2 advance to the final pitch event at the 2020 Utah Economic & Energy Summit.
- Application Opens: Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020
- Application Deadline: Sunday, Sept. 20, 2020
- Online Judging Starts: Monday, Sept. 21, 2020
- Top 3 Teams Announced: Thursday, Oct. 12, 2020
- Final Pitch Event: Monday, Oct. 26, 2020
- $4,000 — People’s Choise (live vote)
- $3,000 — 1st Place Judges Prize
- $2,000 — 2nd Place Judges Prize
- $1,000 — 3rd Place Judges Prize
Participating startup companies must be headquartered with the state of Utah. The company’s cumulative revenue, debt, grant, or third-party financing for the company has not exceeded $1 million prior to Friday, May 1, 2020. Rules and exceptions are up to the discretion of the event organizing committee. For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winning teams will receive their prize money in the form of a check after the final pitch event on Oct. 26, 2020. Checks will be made out to the winning companies and be issued by Utah Media Group. For questions please contact email@example.com.
Startup Pitch Application
The application is closed for the 2020 competition. The deadline was Sept. 20, 2020.