Tools, space & resources for all students
There will come a time during product and business creation where an idea will have to be built and prototyped. The Make Program’s goal is to help students learn how to use the equipment and tools in the Lassonde Studios in an encouraging and safe manner. Properly trained students will have access to tools ranging from ordinary hand tools to CNC lasers. The Make community ensures the safety of students, encourages collaborative culture and provides learning opportunities. Come to the Make Space to design, create and build your projects!
Make It: Hands-on Activities
We host regular Make It activities during the academic year. These activities are hands-on projects to help you create something while learning the tools in the Make Space. To learn about upcoming events, look at the Lassonde events calendar.
Hours of Operation — Spring 2019
Starting Jan. 7, 2019
Make Space & Shop
- Monday through Thursday 12-9 p.m.
- Friday 12-6 p.m.
- Saturday 12-9 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and on holidays, and the Make area will start to shut down 60 minutes before closing.
- The Make Space will close for spring break on Friday, March 8, at 6 p.m. and reopen on Monday, March 18, at noon.
- Shop closed during the training hours listed below.
- Wood: Wednesday and Saturday 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Metal: Saturday 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Safety training is drop-in only on a first-come, first-serve basis. Spots fill up fast
To enter the shop for training, you are required to read and follow the shop rules. You will not be safety trained otherwise.
Remember to bring these items to safety training:
- Personal insurance information
- Closed toed shoes
- Long pants
- Short sleeve shirt