Tools, space & resources for all students
There will come a time during product and business creation where an idea will have to be built and prototyped. The Make Program’s goal is to help students learn how to use the equipment and tools in the Lassonde Studios in an encouraging and safe manner. Properly trained students will have access to tools ranging from ordinary hand tools to CNC lasers. The Make community ensures the safety of students, encourages collaborative culture and provides learning opportunities. Come to the Make Space to design, create and build your projects!
Make It: Hands-on Activities
We host regular Make It activities during the academic year. These activities are hands-on projects to help you create something while learning the tools in the Make Space. To learn about upcoming events, look at the Lassonde events calendar.
Hours of Operation — Fall 2019
Aug. 26-Nov. 28, 2019
Make Space & Shop
- Monday through Saturday 12-9 p.m.
- Closed weekends and on holidays (including fall, winter, and spring breaks).
- The Make area will start to shut down 60 minutes before closing.
- Shop closed during the training hours listed below.
- Wood: Wednesdays 5-6 p.m., Saturdays noon-1 p.m.
- Metal: Mondays 5-6 p.m.
- Safety training is drop-in only on a first-come, first-serve basis. Spots fill up fast
To enter the shop for training, you are required to read and follow the shop rules. You will not be safety trained otherwise.
Remember to bring these items to safety training:
- Personal insurance information
- Closed-toed shoes
- Long pants
- Short sleeve shirt