Compete for $60,000 in Cash & Prizes
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (UEC) is a statewide, student business model competition. Teams from universities across the state compete for the best business model and a chance to win cash and prizes. We invite the public and special guests to enjoy the final showcase and awards ceremony in the spring. Participating teams are judged by industry professionals and community experts. In addition to the grand prize, there are also additional prizes granted for best business model, presentation and technology. Many past winners have developed into successful enterprises. The competition is open to all university students in Utah. The program is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and sponsored by Zions Bank. Younger students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to complete in the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge here for a chance to win $30,000 in prizes.
2021-2022 Competition Timeline
- Application Opens: Monday, Nov. 29, 2021, at noon
- Application Deadline: Monday, Feb. 7, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging: Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022, to Sunday, Feb. 20, 2022
- Top 20 Announced: Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2022, at 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Orientation: Friday, March 4, 2022, at 4-5 p.m.
- Top 20 Video Submission Deadline: Saturday, March 12, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Top 20 Video Voting Begins: Monday, March 14, 2022, at noon
- Top 20 Presentations Due: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Video Voting Ends: Friday, March 25, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: Saturday, March 26, 2022
UEC 2022 Finalists
Here are the finalist teams in the 2022 Utah Entrepreneur Challenge. These teams will advance to the final showcase and awards event. They are listed in alphabetical order. Learn more in this finalist press release:
- 4 Pillar Health (University of Utah)
- BugBuddies (Snow College)
- Bundo (Utah State University)
- Calisto (Brigham Young University)
- Cambrio.app (Brigham Young University)
- Cashboard (Brigham Young University)
- Crypto Whales (Southern Utah University)
- Dormi (Dixie State University)
- Foam (University of Utah)
- Lawn Games Unlimited (Utah State University)
- Lobo Way’s UHammock (University of Utah)
- Ontray (Brigham Young University)
- Recycling Experience Center (Weber State University)
- Relay (Brigham Young University)
- Scouter (Utah Valley University)
- SmackSocial (Brigham Young University)
- StickyVendor (University of Utah and Utah Valley University)
- Tenno (Salt Lake Community College)
- The Orion Belt (Brigham Young University)
- Veterans In Combat (Westminster College)
- Walkbye (Brigham Young University and Utah Valley University)