Compete for $60,000 in Cash & Prizes
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (UEC) is a statewide, student business competition. Teams from universities across Utah compete for the best student business and a chance to win cash and prizes. We invite all students in Utah from participating colleges and universities to apply. The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge will culminate with at a final event at the University of Utah. Participating teams are judged by industry professionals, experienced entrepreneurs and community experts. Judges will allocate $60,000 in prizes and awards to the top 20 finalists. Many past winners have developed into successful enterprises. The program is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and sponsored by Zions Bank. Younger students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to complete in the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge for a chance to win $30,000 in prizes and scholarships.
2022-2023 Competition Timeline
- Application Opens: Thursday, Sept. 1, 2022
- Online Information Sessions: Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2022, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2022, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2022, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2023, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging: Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023, to Monday, Jan. 30, 2023
- Top 20 Announced: Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023, at 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Orientation: Friday, Feb. 3, 2023, 4-5 p.m.
- Top 20 Video Submission Deadline: Saturday, Feb. 11, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Public Top 20 Video Voting: Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2023, at noon to Friday, Feb. 24, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Top 20 Presentations Due: Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: Saturday, Feb. 25, 2023
UEC 2023 Finalists
Here are the finalist teams in the 2023 Utah Entrepreneur Challenge. These teams will advance to the final showcase and awards event. They are listed in alphabetical order. Learn more in this finalist press release:
- Beadology (Utah Valley University)
- Budget Buds (Snow College)
- Homestead Hands (Utah State University)
- House of Posters (Utah Valley University)
- Hushie (Salt Lake Community College)
- Inxson (Southern Utah University)
- Mentally Real (Weber State University)
- MindSmith (Brigham Young University)
- Minnow (Utah Valley University)
- Off the Rack (University of Utah)
- On-V (University of Utah)
- PhotoHive (Utah State University)
- Pure Solutions (University of Utah)
- Qwela (Salt Lake Community College)
- Santa Cruz Savory (Utah State University)
- SelMeat (Snow College)
- Swish (Brigham Young University)
- The CR3W Museum (Southern Utah University)
- Village Mobile-Based Rehabilitation Program (Weber State University)
- Zaymo (Brigham Young University)