Enter Your Idea to Win $30,000 in Cash & Scholarships
Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Do you have an idea that could change the world? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) is your opportunity to showcase your innovation and entrepreneurial spirit and win cash and prizes. HSUEC is the high school counterpart of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. All Utah high school students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to compete in HSUEC. The program is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and sponsored by Zions Bank. Students who have graduated high school or are enrolled full-time in college courses are not eligible to participate in the competition. These students are encouraged to participate in the collegiate Utah Entrepreneur Challenge.
2022-23 Season Timeline
- Application Opens Online: Thursday, Sept. 1, 2022, noon
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging Starts: Thursday, Feb. 23, 2023, noon
- Online Judging Ends: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
- Top 20 Finalists Announced: Monday, March 13, 2023, 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Orientation: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 5 p.m.
- Public Online Voting Starts: Thursday, March 16, 2023, noon
- Top 20 Powerpoints Due: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
- Public Online Voting Ends: Friday, March 24, 2023, 11:59 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: Saturday, March 25, 2023
2023 Top 20 Teams
Below is a list of the top 20 teams for the 2023 High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge in alphabetical order. Read more about the 2023 top teams in this press release.
- Bucks Burley and Class (American Fork High)
- Click and Go (Bountiful High)
- Creative Book Folding (Bear River High)
- DesryoTech (Hillcrest High)
- Light a Puck (Farmington High)
- RecylEDU (West High)
- Revamp Outdoors (Weber High)
- Rift (Academy for Math Engineering & Science)
- Safety Socks (Farmington High)
- Social Solutions (Rowland Hall-St. Mark’s)
- Stabilaser (American Heritage School)
- Stellar Water Bottles (Academy for Math Engineering & Science)
- StudiUs (Park City High)
- Sweet Simplicity (Orem High)
- The Sork (Park City High)
- Therma (Weber High)
- TuneTutor (Rowland Hall-St. Mark’s)
- Vision (Stansbury High)
- Webfork (Weber High)
- ZERO (Park City High)