Enter Your Idea to Win $30,000 in Cash & Scholarships
Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Do you have an idea that could change the world? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) is your opportunity to showcase your innovation and entrepreneurial spirit and win cash and prizes. HSUEC is the high school counterpart of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. All Utah high school students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to compete in HSUEC. The program is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and sponsored by Zions Bank. Students who have graduated high school or are enrolled full-time in college courses are not eligible to participate in the competition. These students are encouraged to participate in the collegiate Opportunity Quest and Utah Entrepreneur Challenge.
2021-22 Season Timeline
- Application Opens Online: Monday, Sept. 13, 2021, noon
- Application Deadline: Monday, Feb. 21, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging Starts: Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2022, noon
- Online Judging Ends: Sunday, March 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Top 20 Finalists Announced: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Orientation: TBD
- Public Online Voting Starts: Monday, March 14, 2022, noon
- Top 20 Powerpoints Due: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Public Online Voting Ends: Friday, March 25, 2022, 5 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: Saturday, March 26, 2022