Enter Your Idea to Win $30,000 in Prizes
Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Do you have an idea that could change the world? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) is your opportunity to showcase your innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, and win $30,000 in cash and prizes. HSUEC is the high school counterpart of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. All Utah high school students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to compete. The program is sponsored by Zions Bank. Students who have graduated high school or are enrolled full-time in college courses are not eligible to participate in the competition. These students are encouraged to participate in the collegiate Opportunity Quest and Utah Entrepreneur Challenge also hosted by the Lassonde Institute.
2019-20 Season Timeline
- Application Opens Online — Friday, Sept. 13, 2019, noon
- Application Deadline — Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging Starts — Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2020, 8 a.m.
- Online Judging Ends — Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Finalists Announced — Thursday, March 5, 2020, 9 a.m.
- Public Online Voting Starts — Friday, March 6, 2020, noon
- Public Online Voting Ends — Friday, March 27, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Final Awards & Judging Event — Saturday, March 28, 2020
2019 Top 20 Teams
Below is a list of the top 20 teams for the 2019 High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge. Read more about the 2019 top teams in this press release.
- BeenAsked (American Fork High School)
- Career Rocket (Waterford School)
- CheapEats (Desert Hills High School)
- Cno2 (Park City High School)
- Dormmock (West High School)
- Enable Helmets (Park City High School)
- FamTrack (Karl G. Maeser Preparatory Academy)
- Feudal (American Fork High School)
- GrowGrub (Pleasant Grove High School)
- H2ONE: Vita Portable Water Filter (Bountiful High School)
- Little Healthcare (West High School)
- Magnetic Hanger (Park City High School)
- Noisy NICU Cap (American Heritage School)
- Parallel (Bingham High School)
- PowerPop (Leadership Academy of Utah)
- Sporknife (Park City High School)
- The Bad Hair Company (Desert Hills High School)
- The Full Use Pencil (Corner Canyon High School)
- The Gogg-Lator (Park City High School)
- The Quick Pitch (Cyprus High School)