Enter Your Idea to Win $25,000 in Cash & Scholarships
Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Do you have an idea that could change the world? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) is your opportunity to showcase your innovation and entrepreneurial spirit and win cash and prizes. HSUEC is the high school counterpart of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. All Utah high school students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to compete in HSUEC. The program is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and sponsored by Zions Bank. Students who have graduated high school or are enrolled full-time in college courses are not eligible to participate in the competition. These students are encouraged to participate in the collegiate Opportunity Quest and Utah Entrepreneur Challenge.
2020-21 Season Timeline
- Application Opens Online — Monday, Sept. 14, 2020, noon
- Application Deadline — Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging Starts — Friday, Feb. 19, 8 a.m.
- Online Judging Ends — Wednesday, March 3, 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Finalists Announced — Friday, March 5, 9 a.m.
- Top 20 Orientation — Thursday, March 11, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Public Online Voting Starts — Friday, March 12, 8 a.m.
- Public Online Voting Ends — Friday, March 26, 5 p.m.
- Competition Final Event — Saturday, March 27
2021 Top 20 Teams
Below is a list of the top 20 teams for the 2021 High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge in alphabetical order. Read more about the 2021 top teams in this press release.
- Acti-Vest (Juan Diego Catholic High School)
- Alteration Annie’s (West High School)
- Bayern Auto (American Fork High School)
- Branch Bomb (Woods Cross High School)
- Busy Bee Box (Woods Cross High School)
- ConnecTeen (Waterford School)
- Eggshell Remover (Springville High School)
- Floura (Taylorsville High School)
- FoodFinds (Park City High School)
- Ivy Health (American Fork High School)
- Jesperson Inc. (American Fork High School)
- Lazorback (Blue Peak High School)
- Lending Lions (Rowland Hall-St. Mark’s)
- LitFit (West High School)
- Mighty Mist (Academy for Math, Engineering and Science)
- Pocket Garden (Hillcrest High School)
- Polaris Printing (Park City High School)
- Ringo Leveling the Testing Field (West High School)
- The Orca (West Jordan High School)
- Voltage Electric Kart Systems (Park City High School)