Interested in entrepreneurship at the University of Utah? Want to learn how to get more involved in our nationally ranked program? We invite all to join us for “Entrepreneurship Day” on Thursday, Feb. 25. We have lots of fun activities planned – student-startup product giveaways, panel, film screening, info sessions, pitch event and more! See the full agenda below. See you there!
Student startup products we will give away include: Aura Optics sunglasses, Aurora Sunglasses, PowerPractical products, Evok Clothing merchandise and more. To enter for a chance to win, visit our table in the lobby of the Spencer Fox Eccles Building!
The day is part of “Eccles Week” at the David Eccles School of Business. Most activities will be in the Spencer Fox Eccles Building (SFEBB, map).
Entrepreneurship Day Agenda (Thursday, Feb. 25)
- 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. – Tabling and giveaways (SFEBB, main lobby) – Join us to ask questions, get information and enter for a chance to win student-startup products! Hosts will include Lassonde Ambassadors and representatives from the Department of Entrepreneurship and Strategy at the Eccles School.
- 12:15-1:45 p.m. – Auditorium activities (SFEBB, room 1110) – The main event for the day. Join us for videos, heated panel discussion and more.
- 12:15-12:30 p.m. – Entrepreneur videos
- 12:30-12:45 p.m. – Drawing giveaway winners announced (first of two drawings)
- 12:45-1:30 p.m. – Panel discussion on entrepreneurship, featuring business-school faculty and student entrepreneurs
- 1:30-1:45 p.m. – Entrepreneur videos
- 4-5 p.m. – Workshop: Critical Steps in Creating High Performance Teams (SFEBB, room 5160B) – Learn why a high performance team is a critical differentiator in today’s ever-changing business world.
- 4:30-5:45 p.m. – Entrepreneurship Major & Minor Town Hall Meeting (CRCC, room 205) – Attend to learn more about the new requirements for the new major and minor programs at the David Eccles School of Business. Drop-ins are welcome, but an RSVP is requested for those who want pizza and drinks. RSVP here
- 5-5:15 p.m. – Drawing giveaway winners announced (SFEBB, room 1110) – The second and last drawing of the day for student startup products.
- 5-8 p.m. – Get Seeded Pitch Event (SFEBB, room 1110) – Watch student entrepreneurs pitch their ideas for a chance to win seed grants. The audience votes on who gets funded. Learn more here: lassonde.utah.edu/getseeded