Enter Your Idea to Win $30,000 in Prizes
Do you want to explore innovative and creative entrepreneurship? Do you have an idea that could change the world? The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HSUEC) is your opportunity to showcase your innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, and win $30,000 in cash and prizes. HSUEC is the high school counterpart of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country. All Utah high school students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to compete. The program is sponsored by Zions Bank. Students who have graduated high school or are enrolled full-time in college courses are not eligible to participate in the competition. These students are encouraged to participate in the collegiate Opportunity Quest and Utah Entrepreneur Challenge also hosted by the Lassonde Institute.
2018-19 Season Timeline
- Application Opens Online — Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018
- Application Deadline — Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019, at midnight
- Top 20 Finalists Announced — Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Public Online Voting — Wednesday, March 13, 2019, through Friday, March 29, 2019
- Final Awards & Judging Event — Saturday, March 30, 2019 (the HSUEC judging will be held at the C. Roland Christensen Center, times TBD, and the final awards and showcase will be at Lassonde Studios, 2:30-4 p.m.)