Attend the 2019 Event on May 30-31
Join us for the inaugural 2019 Utah Entrepreneurship Program Summit May 30-31 on the University of Utah Campus in the Spencer Fox Eccles Business Building (1655 Campus Center Dr.). All staff, faculty and student entrepreneurship program leaders at universities, colleges and high schools across the state are welcome and encouraged to attend. Admission is free. Register to attend here.
The event is sponsored by Zions Bank and co-hosted by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and the Entrepreneurship Institute at Utah Valley University.
As the entrepreneurial community grows in Utah, we have heard an increasing interest in having more opportunities for interaction between programs and centers. With this in mind, we are kicking off the first-ever Utah Entrepreneurship Program Summit. Come prepared to share, have fun, network, and help make Utah the best place for students to start a business.
The summit will feature discussions and keynote presentations on the status of student entrepreneurship in the state and goals for growth and collaboration across institutions. Special guests include Scott Anderson, CEO of Zions Bank and a major contributor to entrepreneurship programs in Utah, and Pam Perlich, director of the demographic research at the Kem C. Policy Institute.
2019 Event Details
Thursday, May 30, 4-8 p.m. – Utah Entrepreneurship Program Dinner
- 4 p.m. – Registration and check-in
- 5 p.m. – Welcome and roundtable introduction of each program
- 6 p.m. – Dinner and keynote on “Utah at the Crossroads: A View into the Future” by Pam Perlich, director of demographic research at the Kem C. Gardener Policy Institute, University of Utah
Friday, May 31, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. – Utah Entrepreneurship Summit Keynote and Meeting
- 7:30 a.m. – Check-in and breakfast
- 8 a.m. – Keynote on “The Value of Student Entrepreneurship for Utah” by Scott Anderson, CEO Zions Bank and a leading supporter of entrepreneurial programs across Utah
- 9 a.m. – Facilitated statewide collaboration session by Kathy Hajeb, director at the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch and panel on the student entrepreneur experience past, present and future
- Share ideas and learn from each other
- Build and strengthen the entrepreneurship network
- Increase the opportunities for student success
- Map the Utah student entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Hear from key sponsors and community partners
2019 Event Resources
- 2019 Summit Event Agenda & Handouts (PDF) – Download the event agenda and materials used during the summit.
- Statewide program presentation (PDF) – This presentation shows highlights from university partners across Utah.
- Brainstorm images (ZIP file) – These images show feedback collected during our brainstorm about the state of student entrepreneurship and opportunities for the future.
- Event photo gallery (webpage) – See photos taken during the event.
- Utah at the Crossroads: A View into the Future (PDF) – Browse the presentation made by Pam Perlich about the present and future of our state.
- Event attendee survey (webpage): We want your feedback. If you attended our 2019 event, please complete this short survey.