I have consumed more content from podcasts in the past year than I have in all the previous years in my life, and I’m going to tell you why. Regardless of how busy you are, audio content can fit into several time gaps throughout the day. It’s gotten to the point where it feels weird if I’m driving in silence and not listening to something interesting. If you can find quality podcast content, then I don’t see it as being any different than reading an article online or a book.
Here are my top podcasts, in no particular order. I have a link to the main show and a link to one of my favorite episodes to get you started. (These links are to iTunes, but they can be found on any podcast platform).
How I Built This
Interviews with the world’s top successful entrepreneurs. Excellent podcast for some motivation, with tons of lessons and great show host. They really take the time to make all their shows very well produced.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/how-i-built-this-with-guy-raz/id1150510297?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/atari-chuck-e-cheeses-nolan-bushnell/id1150510297?i=1000381929430&mt=2
Andreesen Horowitz is a top venture capital firm in Silicon Valley. This podcast talks about breakthrough technology, management, and all things startups.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a16z/id842818711?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a16z-podcast-why-crypto-tokens-matter/id842818711?i=1000392852700&mt=2
Waking Up with Sam Harris
Consciousness, meditation, artificial intelligence, religion, ethics and science.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/waking-up-with-sam-harris/id733163012?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/71-what-is-technology-doing-to-us/id733163012?i=1000384407256&mt=2
The Kevin Rose Show
Technology, venture capital, cryptocurrency, life hacks, meditation and more.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-kevin-rose-show/id1088864895?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/16-bitcoins-true-potential-with-andreas-m-antonopoulos/id1088864895?i=1000394767013&mt=2
10 minute condensed daily news. I listen to it every day while getting ready in the morning or driving to the office.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/up-first/id1222114325?mt=2
- Favorite episode: Don’t have one
Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman
Reid started LinkedIn. He interviews successful entrepreneurs and tackles specific topics of startups.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/masters-of-scale-with-reid-hoffman/id1227971746?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/20-twitter-mediums-ev-williams-never-underestimate/id1227971746?i=1000403175354&mt=2
Economics and anything money related. Very interesting and very entertaining. This is where I get my fun economic facts from.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/planet-money/id290783428?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/573-why-textbook-prices-keep-climbing/id290783428?i=1000375390144&mt=2
Information Security podcast. This podcast gets pretty detailed and a lot of it goes over my head but I still love it. Patrick Gray talks about malware, latest hacks, technology companies, and more.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/risky-business/id216478078?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/risky-business-484-whats-up-with-the-new-702/id216478078?i=1000400560808&mt=2
Silicon Slopes Podcast
Local tech. Interviews and discussions with many of the top entrepreneurs across Utah’s very own Silicon Slopes.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/silicon-slopes/id1262148655?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/traeger-grills-ceo-jeremy-andrus/id1262148655?i=1000390310539&mt=2
All things related to blockchain, cryptocurrencies, tokens and decentralized protocols.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unchained-big-ideas-from-worlds-blockchain-cryptocurrency/id1123922160?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/crypto-101-everything-you-need-to-know-about-bitcoin/id1123922160?i=1000398406081&mt=2
The Tim Ferris Show
You have probably heard of Tim Ferriss from his book, The 4-Hour Workweek. Well, he has a great podcast as well covering a variety of topics.
- Show: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-tim-ferriss-show/id863897795?mt=2
- Favorite episode: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/237-exploring-smart-drugs-fasting-fat-loss-dr-rhonda/id863897795?i=1000385081782&mt=2
What show do you think I’m missing? Submit a comment below.