A group of U students found a way to make freshmen orientation totally paperless; they call it the “Bottle of Knowledge.” Instead of giving students piles of paper, they created a reusable water bottle imprinted with QR codes that link to online materials. The project was led by Samantha Jackson, a health promotion major. The idea came from Ariel Hebert-Voss, a computer science/mathematics major. Their project received a significant boost from the U’s Sustainability Campus Initiative Fund, which awarded them $28,000 — one of the largest grants it has ever given.
- Opencontour: Empowering New Mining Generations Jan 24, 2023
- James Street Co: Sustainable Luxury Knitwear Jan 24, 2023
- Make It Activity: Leather Bracelets Saturday, January 28, 2023, 1 - 2pm
- Meetups: Propose a Gathering or Activity at Lassonde Studios Monday, January 30, 2023
- Get Started with Your Business Idea Session Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 12:15 - 1pm