Modern dance major Amanda Newman has found a way to combine passions for dance and public health. After participating in an Honors Praxis, Newman began noticing a gap between health-care resources and the ability for underserved populations to access these resources. With the help of the Honors College’s faculty, Newman and pre-medical student Dash Porter began the Connect2Health program to connect patients to the resources they need to build healthier lives. Since the program opened in August 2012, Connect2Health has served over 1,000 patients. The team currently consists of 29 student volunteers.
- Opencontour: Empowering New Mining Generations Jan 24, 2023
- James Street Co: Sustainable Luxury Knitwear Jan 24, 2023
- Meetups: Propose a Gathering or Activity at Lassonde Studios Monday, January 30, 2023
- Get Started with Your Business Idea Session Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 12:15 - 1pm
- Get Seeded: Deadline for Application Submissions (Micro & Regular Grants) Wednesday, February 1, 2023