“Overachiever” doesn’t even begin to describe U student Lisa Hawkins. A triple major in economics, political science and communication, she has pursued social change with everything from writing a grant for Salt Lake County to traveling to Botswana for the Hinckley Institute. Last year, Hawkins worked with the Hinckley Institute to coordinate the Council of American Ambassadors’ Fall Conference: “Africa’s Future in the Global Economy.” While she was told the conference was “more informative than 30 days of State Department briefings,” she’s most proud of the impact it had on students. “Hearing that the conference inspired some students to change the path of their education was really rewarding,” she said.
- Photo Gallery: September at Lassonde 2022 Oct 4, 2022
- Company Launch Startup Teams for Fall 2022 Sep 30, 2022
- Entrepreneur Club: Student Startup Forum Friday, October 7, 2022, 12 - 1pm
- Lassonde Information Session & Tour (In-Person or Virtual) Friday, October 7, 2022, 12:30 - 1:30pm
- Get Started with Your Business Idea Session Tuesday, October 11, 2022, 12:15 - 1pm