We know that innovation never sleeps, nor takes a summer vacation. So, to keep your creative juices flowing year round the Lassonde Institute is introducing new summer events. Enjoy the Workshops, Meetups, and Hours with Experts that you loved during the school year while you put school on hiatus. Because, ideally, you’ll have more time now to explore your idea or business venture.
If you’re not sure where to start, join us for the 2016 House Party! It’s going to be a blast — free tacos from Taco Cartel, music by DJ Alive and plenty of students to network with. Feel free to bring your family, friends or next-door neighbor. The House Party will be Tuesday, May 24, from 4-8 p.m. at the Lassonde House (105 Fort Douglas Blvd., Bldg. 604, across from the University Guest House).
We can’t wait to see you there! Whether you’re living at Lassonde Studios or have no idea what we do at the Lassonde Institute, this party will be a meetup to kick off the summer and the upcoming year for all interdisciplinary students.
Register for the House Party event here: lassonde.utah.edu/houseparty.
Find a list of related 2016 summer events below. Find more information on the Lassonde calendar.
2016 Summer Schedule
- May 24, Tuesday: House Party meetup. Get to know fellow students with similar interests, eat tacos and dance to the tunes of DJ Alive. (Lassonde House, first floor and south lawn. 4-8 pm)
- May 25, Wednesday: Join us for a workshop on creative problem-solving. You will learn through an innovative team exercise! (SFEBB 5160A, 6-7 pm)
- May 26, Thursday: Hours with Experts. Meet with an area expert who can help answer your logistical questions about starting a company. You must schedule an appointment in advance.
- June 1, Wednesday: In this workshop, we will learn how to create a video pitch that will help sell your idea! A very valuable skill in our “Shark Tank”-fueled economy. (Marriott Library 1705, 3-5 pm)
- June 2, Thursday: Hours with Experts. Meet with an area expert who can help answer your questions about the logistics of your business venture. (SFEBB 5th floor, 3-6 pm, registration required)
- June 8, Wednesday: Learn a very valuable skill in the workplace or in your creative endeavors. Adobe Ambassadors will teach fundamentals from the Adobe Suite. (SFEBB 5160A, 5-7 pm, bring your computer)
- June 9, Thursday: Hours with Experts. Meet with an area expert who can help answer your logistical questions about starting a company. (SFEBB 5th floor, 3-6 pm, registration required)
- June 16, Wednesday: Big into software? How about hardware? Join us for our Arduino workshop, which is a prototyping board which allows you to experiment with both! Perfect for the student interested in computer technology. (SFEBB 5160A, 2-3 pm)
- June 16, Thursday: Hours with Experts. Meet with an area expert who can help answer your logistical questions about starting a company. (SFEBB 5th floor, 3-6 pm, registration required)
- June 22, Wednesday: In our last workshop of the summer, come support 1 Million Cups and Sustainable Startups to learn how to help your ideas make a global impact. (Sustainable Startups Building, 340 East 400 South, 9 am)