Three honors students are solving international issues through a refugee program they started that pairs college students with high-school-aged student refugees for at least a year to help them with school work, standardized tests and any other college prep. The students behind the project are Melinda Adams, Megan Dolle and Brinadee Pierson. Adams started the project after discovering only one in five refugee scholarships are being used. “There are many resources for the refugees in the Salt Lake City area, but not many of them know how to use them,” Pierson said.
- Opencontour: Empowering New Mining Generations Jan 24, 2023
- James Street Co: Sustainable Luxury Knitwear Jan 24, 2023
- Get Seeded: Deadline for Application Submissions (Micro & Regular Grants) Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Utah Entrepreneur Challenge: Top 20 Finalists Announced Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Lassonde for Life Workshop: Price vs. Cost (Alumni Only) Wednesday, February 1, 2023, 12 - 1pm