“Student Innovation at the U” is an annual publication celebrating student innovation and impact at the University of Utah. A digital version is available at lassonde.utah.edu/studentinnovation2018. This publication is produced by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, an interdisciplinary division of the David Eccles School of Business and the hub for student entrepreneurs and innovators at the U. Learn about the Lassonde Institute at lassonde.utah.edu.
This publication is managed by staff at the Lassonde Institute, including:
- Troy D’Ambrosio — executive director, Lassonde Institute; assistant dean, David Eccles School of Business
- Kathy Hajeb — director, Lassonde Institute; assistant professor (lecturer), David Eccles School of Business
- Thad Kelling — marketing director, Lassonde Institute
Contact Us: Have a question? Want copies? Want to nominate a student to be featured in the next edition? Or want to be a contributor? We want to hear from you! Contact editor Thad Kelling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-587-8811 or contact the Lassonde Institute at email@example.com or 801-587-3836.
- Jacqueline Mumford, assistant editor, writer (BS Accounting, HBS Political Science, 2020) — Jacqueline is a double major in her sophomore year. When she’s not studying, she loves to write for both The Daily Utah Chronicle and Lassonde. After graduation, she plans to work in government accounting while studying the relationship between business and politics. Find her on LinkedIn.
- Savannah Adams, assistant editor, writer (BS Communication, 2018) — Savannah is a senior graduating with a degree in communication. She is a student leader at the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute and an intern for Molio, a video advertising agency. After graduation, Savannah will start full time with Molio in the hopes of building a career in the advertising industry.
- Parker Gibbons, assistant editor, photographer (BS Multidisciplinary Design, 2020) — Parker is a habitual maker from Salt Lake City, with a passion for telling stories that matter and designing solutions to important problems. He has experience working at the Lassonde Institute, AdThing and Adobe. Web: parkergibbons.com | Twitter: @parker_gibbons
- J Abubo, writer (BS Computer Science, Entertainment Arts & Engineering emphasis, 2019) — J is a creative powerhouse, freelance writer and content creator at the Lassonde Institute. LinkedIn: @abubo | Facebook: abubo | Twitter: @julieabubo
- Megan Glasmann, writer, photographer (Ph.D. School Psychology, 2020) — Megan is passionate about providing rising entrepreneurs with the resources they need to succeed. A writer and content producer for the Lassonde Institute, Megan enjoys telling the stories behind the students of Lassonde while managing her own art business. Instagram: @megan.glasmann, @mgartinstallations
- Makayla Hendricks, photographer (BS Entrepreneurship, 2020) — Makayla has been taking photos ever since she can remember. She founded Off The Frame Photography at age 16 and has since grown it into a photography and media company. Web: offtheframephoto.com | Instagram & Facebook @off_the_frame
- Abraham Tinklepaugh, writer (BS Strategic Communication, 2017) — Abraham is a Lassonde contributor who writes and produces content for clients ranging from early stage startups to digital marketing firms and community interests. He’s also a Utah Stories Magazine author and podcast producer of “The Big Question.” LinkedIn: @abrahamtinklepaugh | Web: studiowordslc.com
Find this article and a lot more in the 2018 “Student Innovation @ the U” report. The publication is presented by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute to celebrate student innovators, change-makers and entrepreneurs.