Compete for $100,000 in Cash & Prizes
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (UEC) is a statewide, student business competition. Teams from universities across Utah compete for the best student business and a chance to win cash and prizes. We invite all students in Utah from participating colleges and universities to apply. The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge will culminate with at a final event at the University of Utah. Participating teams are judged by industry professionals, experienced entrepreneurs and community experts. Judges will allocate $100,000 in prizes and awards to the top 20 finalists. Many past winners have developed into successful enterprises. The program is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute at the University of Utah and sponsored by Zions Bank. Younger students, ages 14-18, are encouraged to complete in the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge for a chance to win $30,000 in prizes and scholarships.
2023-2024 Competition Timeline
- Application Opens: Sept. 18, 2023
- Online Information Sessions: Oct. 16, 2023, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Nov. 20, 2023, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Dec. 18, 2023, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Jan. 8, 2024, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Feb. 12, 2024, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Application Deadline: Feb. 21, at 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging (U. of Utah): Feb. 23-March 1, 2024
- Top 20 Announced: March 4, 2024
- Top 20 Video Submission Deadline: March 6, 2024, 11:59 p.m.
- Public Top 20 Video Voting: March 7, 2024, noon to March 22, 2024, 11:59 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: March 23, 2024