Registration for the 2021-22 High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge is now open. The statewide business model competition is open to all students in Utah ages 14-18. Teams compete for $30,000 in cash and in-kind prizes. The registration deadline is Feb. 21, 2022.
The competition is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, an interdisciplinary division of the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah, and sponsored by Zions Bank.
With equity-free funding from Zions Bank, support from local businesses and an expanded professional network, the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge helps students launch their startup ideas.
To participate, students can visit the event website to view the competition guide and apply online.
Learn more about the High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge online at lassonde.utah.edu/hsuec.
2021-22 Competition Timeline
- Application Opens Online: Monday, Sept. 13, 2021, noon
- Application Deadline: Monday, Feb. 21, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging Starts: Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2022, noon
- Online Judging Ends: Sunday, March 6, 2022, 11:59 p.m.
- Top 20 Finalists Announced: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Orientation: TBD
- Public Online Voting Starts: Monday, March 14, 2022, noon
- Top 20 Powerpoints Due: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Public Online Voting Ends: Friday, March 25, 2022, 5 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: Saturday, March 26, 2022
About the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute
The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute is a nationally ranked hub for student entrepreneurship and innovation at the University of Utah and an interdisciplinary division of the David Eccles School of Business. The first programs were offered in 2001, through the vision and support of Pierre Lassonde, an alumnus of the Eccles School and successful mining entrepreneur. The institute now provides opportunities for thousands of students to learn about entrepreneurship and innovation. Programs include workshops, networking events, business-plan competitions, startup support, innovation programs, graduate seminars, scholarships, community outreach and more. All programs are open to students from any academic major or background. The Lassonde Institute also manages Lassonde Studios, a five-story innovation space and housing facility for all students. Learn more at lassonde.utah.edu.