Here in the Company Launch program at the Lassonde Institute, we identify a startup as having reached three out of five key milestones that are on the way to becoming a successful business. You do not, however, need to be defined as a startup to join the Company Launch Program. Everyone is encouraged to apply!
Company Launch is here to provide access to in-kind resources that will help your team meet the milestones below.
1. Problem & Solution Identified
- Have you identified a problem that centers your team’s overall focus and objective?
- Have you identified actionable steps to take to solve the problem?
2. Webpage Created
- Have you chosen a company name and reserved the web domain?
- Can you direct people to a webpage to learn about your cause?
3. Entity Established
- Have you incorporated?
- Do you have an operating or shareholder agreement?
- Have you received financial support from family, friends, competitions, investors, banks, or other contributions?
5. Revenue Generated
- Are you generating revenue?
If you can answer “yes” to all the questions under each section, then you have met that milestone. Congratulations!