Tools, space & resources for all students
There will come a time during product and business creation where an idea will have to be built and prototyped. The Make Program’s goal is to help students learn how to use the equipment and tools in the Lassonde Studios in an encouraging and safe manner. Properly trained students will have access to tools ranging from ordinary hand tools to CNC lasers. The Make community ensures the safety of students, encourages collaborative culture and provides learning opportunities. Come to the Make Space to design, create and build your projects!
Hours of Operation — Fall 2018
Starting Aug. 20, 2018
Make Space & Shop
- Monday through Thursday 12-9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 12-6 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and on holidays, and the Make area will start to shut down 60 minutes before closing.
- Shop closed during the training hours listed below.
- Wood: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 12-1 p.m.
- Metal: Saturday 2-3 p.m.
- Safety training is drop-in only on a first-come first-serve basis. Spots fill up fast
To enter the shop for training, you are required to read and follow the shop rules. You will not be safety trained otherwise.
Remember to bring these items to safety training:
- Personal insurance information
- Closed toed shoes
- Long pants
- Short sleeve shirt