Safety training is required to use the Shop and prototyping tools. Complete training by following these steps in this order:
- Review Shop Rules, detailed equipment instructions, and videos.
- Complete safety waiver and quiz.
- Drop in for a session at Lassonde Studios, and complete in-person training.
NOTE: To enter the shop for training, your attire must comply with shop rules, and you must bring your insurance information with you. You must wear close-toed shoes, long pants, short sleeve shirts, and you must tie up free-hanging hair. You will NOT be safety trained otherwise.
(1) Review Materials
You must review Shop Rules, detailed equipment instructions, and videos.
Review Shop Rules & Equipment Instructions
For wood training, make sure to complete the quiz linked below, and follow the instructions.
(2) Print and complete safety waiver
You must print and complete a safety waiver. Bring the completed form to your in-person safety training. Download the student safety waiver here.
If you are doing wood training, complete the quiz linked below. Follow the instructions, and once completed, you will get an email receipt. This receipt must be shown to a mentor to complete in-person training.
(3) Drop in for a session at Lassonde Studios and complete in-person training
Wood training is limited to the first 10 students, and metal is limited to the first five.
Remember to bring these items to safety training:
- Personal insurance information
- Closed toed shoes
- Long pants
- Short sleeve shirt