Outdoor events won’t be the same if a group of graduate students are successful with their plans. They launched a company, SunCatcher, that is developing a new type of portable canopy that uses solar panels to generate power while providing shade. The product is uniquely designed to allow the canopy to constantly face the sun while providing shade and shelter. Team members include Abbey Ehman (a masters of real estate development student), Jesse Smith (a masters of electrical engineering student) and Rocky Kerr (an MBA graduate from the class of 2013).
- Get Seeded Awards $6,816 in Grants in February Feb 26, 2021
- Top 20 Announced in 2021 Utah Entrepreneur Challenge Feb 26, 2021
- Krum: Cold Brew Coffee for the Masses Feb 24, 2021
- High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge: Top 20 Announced Friday, March 5, 2021, 9 - 9:15am
- Lassonde Information Session & Tour Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:30 - 1:30pm
- Get Started with a Business Idea Session Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 12:15 - 1pm