Registration for the 2021-22 Utah Entrepreneur Challenge is now open. All college students in Utah are welcome to participate in this statewide business-model competition. Teams are competing for $60,000 this year. The registration deadline is Feb. 7, 2022.
The Utah Entrepreneur Challenge is managed by the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute, a top 10 ranked program at the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business, and sponsored by Zions Bank.
The top 20 teams in the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge will be announced on Feb. 23, 2022. These teams advance to compete in the remaining phases of the competition, which include creating a two-minute video, public voting, judging, and a final event on March 26, 2022. Find more dates and deadlines below.
To participate, students can visit the event website to view the online competition guide and apply. Students must submit a written business model.
The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute also hosts a related competition for high school students. The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge is open to all students in Utah ages 14-18. Teams are competing this year for $30,000 in cash and prizes. The application for this competition is open now until Feb. 21, 2022.
Learn more about the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge at lassonde.utah.edu/uec.
2021-2022 UEC Competition Timeline
- Application Opens: Monday, Nov. 29, 2021, at noon
- Application Deadline: Monday, Feb. 7, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Online Judging: Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022, to Sunday, Feb. 20, 2022
- Top 20 Announced: Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2022, at 5 p.m.
- Top 20 Orientation: Friday, March 4, 2022, at 4-5 p.m.
- Top 20 Video Submission Deadline: Saturday, March 12, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Top 20 Video Voting Begins: Monday, March 14, 2022, at noon
- Top 20 Presentations Due: Wednesday, March 23, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Video Voting Ends: Friday, March 25, 2022, at 11:59 p.m.
- Competition Final Event: Saturday, March 26, 2022
About the Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute
The Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute is a nationally ranked hub for student entrepreneurship and innovation at the University of Utah and an interdisciplinary division of the David Eccles School of Business. The first programs were offered in 2001, through the vision and support of Pierre Lassonde, an alumnus of the Eccles School and successful mining entrepreneur. The institute now provides opportunities for thousands of students to learn about entrepreneurship and innovation. Programs include workshops, networking events, business-plan competitions, startup support, innovation programs, graduate seminars, scholarships, community outreach and more. All programs are open to students from any academic major or background. The Lassonde Institute also manages Lassonde Studios, a five-story innovation space and housing facility for all students. Learn more at lassonde.utah.edu.