The Get Seeded business pitch competition awards funding to help student startups move forward with their next milestone. Get Seeded finished off the calendar year strong with the November Final Pitch event held at Lassonde Studios. In all, eight student-run startups pitched to the audience and received enough votes to be funded for a combined total of $12,898.30.
Botpot, a smart kitchen appliance described as a robot that cooks, returned for the third time to Get Seeded in November. Andrzej Forys, the co-founder and CTO, said in his pitch: “With previous funding we have developed a working prototype. With our funding request this month, we could get to the point of doing demos for user testing and investors.”
Botpot welcomes requests for user testing to their Facebook page: facebook.com/Botpot.io/.
With the Get Seeded program, student entrepreneurs who develop an idea and performed market validation have an opportunity for them to pitch and win. All students need to do to enter the competition is apply at getseeded2016.startupcompete.co before the next event’s deadline – the next deadline being Jan. 11, 2017, for the January events. Applications go through two rounds of judging by a panel of four to five judges, after which the finalists pitch to a public audience where majority vote crowns the winners.
The next final pitch event is on Jan. 25. If you want to check it out, come and enjoy free food and vote on the competitors. For additional inquiries or help preparing to apply, contact email@example.com.
- Botpot, $4,000 – Robot that cooks
- ADA Mobile Assessment Systems LLC, $1,500
- XLynk Surgical, $936 – Medical adhesion product
- Backcountry Ascent Tools, $1,500 – Developing ascent snowshoes for skiers, snowboarders, and snowmobilers
- Laissez Phone, $812 – A neck-braced, cell phone holder for hands-free mobile viewing
- Portal Power, $1,700 – Battery pack inside charging cord
- Mountain Ready, $950 – A strength and conditioning platform that specializes in training outdoor recreation athletes
- My Supplement Rx, $1,500 – Online service providing personalized nutritional supplement recommendations